Sunday, December 18, 2011

Star-Crossed Lovers

All above images: Australian Ballet


This weekend has been all about Romeo & Juliet for me. Friday night I took my budding ballerina cousin (all of 12 years of age) to see Graeme Murphy's "Romeo & Juliet" for the Australian Ballet. It couldn't have been better timing as I had 2 scenes to perform this weekend as Juliet and the Australian Ballet left me not only mesmerised but most definitely inspired.

 
 

Each dancer captured the characters just how I've always imagined them. Romeo & Juliet were just beautiful but other stand outs were Mercutio, and Lord & Lady Capulet.


The costumes designed by Akira Isagowa were just stunning. The whole production from the dancing & characterisation to costumes and set, the music... everything, had me enthralled from beginning to end. Here is a video of the making of the costumes with Akira himself:


"See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand!
O that I were a glove upon that hand,
that I might touch that cheek!"

~ Clare x

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that they make a gorgeous Romeo and Juliet. Hoping that your own interpretation was shining...Bisous...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing on Soulful Mama ~ Clare x