Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Paris Tango ~ Carla Coulson


"On moving to Paris, I met many Parisians who welcomed me into their world for a morning, an afternoon, a night - I felt like Alice in Wonderland. I found a visual feast in a land devoted to beauty, where people worship the finer things in life." ~ Carla Coulson

From Sydney to Florence and now Paris, Photographer, Carla Coulson, has captured her life's journey and met some truly amazing people along the way. Carla's photographs always tell a story that tend to make me want to jump right into that moment she has captured.

I have followed Carla's blog for some time and have fallen in love with her photographic style. Recently a friend of mine, Katie, came across Carla's book, Paris Tango, and bought it for me not knowing how much I love Carla's photography and that I follow her blog. She simply bought it because she knows how much I love Paris and thought the photographs within the book were amazing. You can only imagine how excited I was to receive this gift as I had been wanting to buy Paris Tango for some time.

Well, the book is truly wonderful. Carla takes us on a Parisian journey with her photos from the story of how she came to Paris, living in The Marais, the Parisians and their dogs, to the artists of Paris such as Moulin Rouge dancers, Haute Couture designers, gardeners, florists, perfumers, and lovers of the Tango. A particular story that resonated with me was of Argentinean-born artist, Carlos Regazzoni, who creates larger than life sculptures from old metal scraps and all sorts of abandoned metal pieces he finds. I won't retell the story here, only to say that it saddened me. All around the world artists have to struggle to be able to create and make a living, to have a place to create and display their art so as to inspire people....

If you haven't seen Carla's work, pay a visit to her website or stop by her blog. You can purchase her book, Paris Tango here.

~ Clare x

3 comments:

  1. I have and love this book also Clare! I know she is coming out with another one called 'Chasing a dream' soon ... i must look out for it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find, Clare! I know of her work with Vicki Archer but will really look forward to discovering this. Am popping over to her blog.

    As for making your creative dreams a reality, I know all too well that you "don't always get what you want..." but it is that you have tried that counts. No one can ever take that away from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful read. Have a gorgeous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing on Soulful Mama ~ Clare x