Sunday, June 5, 2011

That Which We Call a Rose...

My only escape from the trials & tribulations of moving house at the moment is rehearsing for a very witty spoof on Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet. I always find rehearsing a wonderful form of escapism from everyday life. Being Juliet for a little while each week is a nice change, just for a little while.

So with the famous star-crossed lovers on my mind right now I bring you these breathtaking Romeo & Juliet images shot by none other than Annie Leibovitz for Vogue USA, starring Ballet dancer Roberto Bolle & model Coco Rocha.


All images via Haute Fashion
Photographer: Annie Leibovitz for Vogue USA

"When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun." 
~ William Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet

Here's to a fanciful week, of daydreams, wild imaginations,  stargazing & more...

~ Clare x

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, you have me reeling. And jealous as can be that you can still play the petulant Juliet. ;) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare!!! I can't believe I didn't know you're playing Juliet?!?! I mean, I knew you were rehearsing for Romeo & Juliet, and of course you'd be the star, but I just never put 2 and 2 together! Haha! I'm glad to see you're back blogging again...I've missed your posts x

    ~ Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry the move has been so tough, but what a wonderful distraction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! Romeo & Juliet is just fabulous! Have a wonderful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Romeo and JUliet is beloved by so many because it is a love story that makes us feel so many emotions... That is a really great gig, playing JUliet... you must be real good.

    Don't know why, but I find myself daydream a little bit more these days... and I love it.

    I'm your new follower ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. So inspiring... Thank you very much!
    Hugs from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely Clare..don't worry for your little absence.. Moving is sooooo stressing!!! Love these pics..and I support you hugging from Rome!
    Laura@RicevereconStile

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing on Soulful Mama ~ Clare x